Space heater fire causes damage to home


Lexington County Fire Services photo.

American Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers are assisting a family whose home, located on Big Valley Lane in Lexington, was damaged by a fire Sunday morning. Lexington County Fire Services responded to the blaze. The Red Cross is helping three people by providing financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.

The cause was determined to be the result of a space heater catching fire in the home.

HOW TO HELP Help people affected by disasters and countless other crises by making a gift to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small. People can donate by visiting redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED-CROSS, or by texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share