Lexington County fire displaces 2

American Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers are assisting a family whose home, in the 200 block Casa Dell Road in Lexington County, was damaged by a fire Thursday evening. The Lexington County Fire Service and the Gaston Fire Department responded to the blaze.

Upon arrival, heavy smoke and flames could be seen coming from the structure. Fire crews immediately began fire suppression and extinguishing operations.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. In total, an estimated $55,000 in damage was done by the fire. A cause and origin investigation is underway.

The Red Cross is helping a family of two by providing financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.


The Red Cross reminds that we are now entering the coldest months of the season, which means the threat of home fire deaths is still very real. When heating your home, please remember that space heaters need just that: space.

Be sure they are three feet away from anything that can burn: furniture, bedding carpets, rugs, and curtains.  Children and pets should be kept away so they do not get burned. Make sure the space heater is off and unplugged before leaving a room or falling asleep. It is important to plug the space heater directly into an outlet and not an extension cord. Before you plug it in, inspect the power cord before each use. If the cord is worn, broken or loose have the appliance professionally repaired or replace it. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share