4 displaced by Lexington County fire, Saturday

LCFS photo.

Lexington County Fire Service units responded to the 400 block of Boy Scout Road to a reported structure fire at 2 p.m. Saturday.

First arriving crews reported flames and smoke from the attic area of the home. Four residents were displaced by the fire, and the American Red Cross was notified for assistance.

One Fire Service member was transported to the hospital for medical evaluation from heat-related illness. That firefighter has since been treated and released. It has been extremely hot , and that can complicate firefighting operations, according to a aLCFS release.

In total, 11 units, 24 personnel and Lexington County EMS responded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share